Friday, April 18, 2008

Frugal Fridays


Check out Biblical Womanhood for some more great ideas


Dish soap, just not for your plates anymore!

With all the recent sales from Walgreens and Dillon's and several coupons, I have ended up with several, ok 13, bottles of Dawn dish soap. Yes, I said 13(plus my barely 1/4 empty ginormous bottle that I bought at Sam's). But, I paid less than $4 total for that 13. What am I going to do with all that dish soap. Ok some of the uses around my house


I get the best results from the good ole blue soap


Joe uses it to wash the dogs(and I get the oh so fun job of bathing the cats) He told me several years ago that Dawn is great to kill fleas. You know what, it is. We don't buy shampoos with pesticides, we just use Dawn.


When it says it cuts grease, it means it. Joe keeps a bottle in the garage to wash his hands, tools, and sometimes the occasional part off a vehicle.


Works good on really greasy hair and shampoo build up. I know it's gross but my oldest is starting to hit puberty and I swear she has oil leaking out her eyeballs. Her hair is especially bad after her dance class. I first make her use a small amount of Dawn to remove the oil, then she shampoos and conditions regularly.


Works good on clothes with grease. Put the grease covered clothes in separately, put in a little Dawn and your favorite laundry soap.

Here's a website that lists more ideas!

What's your favorite use?

2 comments:

Angie Hopkins said...

Thank you so much for these tips. Most oldest is also hitting puberty and has dance classes every day. We will definitely try this.

Candace said...

I've been needing to bathe the dog-great idea!