Monday, April 21, 2008

Make your Home a Haven Monday


(Isn't that so pretty? It would get broke in 2 minutes or less at my house, lol)
Crystal at Biblical Womanhood has issued a Clear Out the Clutter Challenge for this week. I surprised myself last week tackling several projects that I had been neglecting, so this week I'm going to take on one big one, our back storage room. This has so much junk in it I really don't know where to start. My deep freeze is piled up with computer equipment, boxes and boxes of just stuff, it is a big old pain in the backside just to get stuff out of it. My goal is to get this room cleaned out. I'm going to make a box of stuff to sale(Ebay and Yard sale), giveaway(I know there are several old trophies I can donate to somewhere), and put away neatly(in a Rubbermaid container in the basement). I'll post some pictures when I get started!

4 comments:

Candace said...

Good luck April. Get some good pics!

Tanya :) said...

I wish you well! :) Remember is will look worse before it is better. :)

BarbaraLee said...

Our garage is like that. We have been remodeling so things get put in there. Nothing for selling but might be able to use somewhere other project around the place.

Mom2fur said...

Get yourself some big baskets--even laundry baskets will do. Label them like this: KEEP, DONATE, TOSS

And then you have to be ruthless! Start filling up those baskets, and see how much you can toss or donate. You'll probably have to empty out the toss and donate ones a few times, or just use more baskets.

If you don't love it, don't keep it. If you haven't used it in 6 months, don't keep it. If it's ugly as can be, don't keep it--even if your dear old Aunt Petunia made it for you with her own little hands.
I would bet, given time, that the 'storage' room takes on a whole new identity. How about a sewing/crafts room? Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comment on the dress I made. I hope you do learn to use your sewing machine!
Good luck!