Sunday, June 1, 2008

I take this moment to brag on my brats, uh, kids :)


Summer is here finally. Granted, I am still waking up at 7. At least I won't oversleep when Summer School starts on Wednesday and I have to be up by 6:45(school starts at 7:30) I just wanted to take a moment to brag on my older 2. It has been a rough year. My FIL(who lives in Florida) was diagnosed with leukemia last November. It's been hard on Thing 1 and 2, especially since Joe has spent a lot of time in Florida and knowing Grandpa was very sick.


Thing 2

Thing 2 is like Joe, he would rather be doing something else besides schoolwork. At times, I felt like I was back in 3rd grade myself with all of his work I had to make him do. In the end, he passed(with only 1 bad grade) and he really enjoyed his school year.
Here's what he received:
Completion of 3rd Grade
Book It
Step Club(they would walk 20 minutes before school, 2 times a week)
Library Worker
Congrats Sweetheart!

Thing 1

Thing 1 is the typical firstborn. She is her Daddy's "Genius" as he calls her(makes her blush for some reason) She really enjoys school and is about to burst at the seams to go to Middle School in the fall. Here's what she received
Completion of 5th grade
Academic Achievement
The President's Award for Academic Excellence(we had to frame this one for her, its hanging by her bed)
Book It
Step Club
Orchestra
WINGs(gifted program)
Office Worker
and she was published in the 2007/2008 Who's Who of Academic Achievement for Middle Schoolers
Congrats Sunshine Girl!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Nothing wrong at all with bragging on your kids! :) Sounds like they did great!