Monday, June 2, 2008

Make It Yourself Monday


I think about every kid loves chicken nuggets. Unfortunately, the ones at fast food restaurants and prepackaged at the grocery store are not healthy. my chicken nuggets are kid approved and sort of healthier(you still have to fry them)


Here's what you need


Boneless, skinless breasts(package of 3 is enough for 5 of us)
Flour(I use all purpose but you could experiment with whole wheat)
Seasonings(I use seasoning salt and black pepper)


Heat up a skillet with your favorite oil.
Cut your chicken up(I make mine just a little smaller than the ones at Mc D's). Place 2 cups flour in a bowl. Add seasoning(I put enough seasoning salt in it to turn it orange). Drop chicken in flour mixture by a handful. Once coated well, transfer to hot oil(I only cook one handful at a time, the chicken cooks faster so it don't dry out) Once done, place on a paper towel to absorb oil. Repeat until done.


Joe likes spicy nuggets, so after I've cooked enough for me and the kids, I add Cajun Seasoning to the flour mixture to give his nuggets some kick.


Serve with your favorite dipping sauce(the kids love these with a cheese sauce I make)


Want to break the restaurant habit? Check out Thrifty Florida Mama's Make It Yourself Monday!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Ok, I may actually be able to conquer this chicken recipe. My kids would love it!

MOMMY said...

Sounds yummy!!!
I found a pretzel chicken nugget recipe from Racheal Ray that is baked-served with honey mustard it is great!!! Now I have to dig that recipe out...

I will try yours too!! Thanks for sharing!
Aimee