Monday, June 16, 2008

Make your Home a Haven Monday




I have been slacking on the housework lately. I clean but it's has got a bit more cluttered since we are spending a lot of time outside. So, imagine my panic when my husband called and said that he and his dad are leaving Florida tomorrow! I begged him not to leave early because I have an obscene amount of work to get done. Here's my list of things that have to be done in less than 48 hours:

Take recent stockpile purchases to basement DONE!


Straighten/declutter living room, bedroom, office mop, dust, sanitize DONE EXCEPT FOR MOPPING


The kids have to straighten up their bedroom, all toys put away, stuffed animals placed in bag and put in basement, bedding washed, floor mopped, dust, and sanitize everything IN PROGRESS


Kitchen scrubbed from top to bottom DONE!
Bathroom, general tidying DONE!

Laundry put away DONE

Cats bathed debating

Yard picked up IN PROGRESS

Truck cleaned out DONE

Attack many paper piles DONE!



Usually I don't get in too big of a panic but my FIL has just under gone chemo and there's no telling what germs are lurking in my house that could wreck havoc on a compromised system. To top it off, my best helper, Thing 1, has a long rehearsal tonight. That means I have to take time out, drive her across town, then go pick her wasting about an hour and a half.(in case you wondering why I am sitting here now, I'm finally eating lunch)My mom said she would watch Baby Girl, but that takes away time to run her across town.


Check out Biblical Womanhood for more Make Your Home an Haven tackles!

5 comments:

Aimee Kieffer, aka "Momzoo" said...

I am sending good happy cleaning vibes your way. Good Luck!

BarbaraLee said...

Chase chase chase. I hate it when I have to chase all the time. Nothing gets done. I like staying at home.

Rebecca said...

This may be a bit late, but I would recommending getting some purell if you can and encouraging your fil and the rest of the family to use it often. God bless you.

Alyssa said...

Did you end up washing the cat?

April said...

No. I decided I love the skin on my hands, lol. The older 2 chickened out on helping me(takes 2 people, one to hold, one to wash) I figured once Joe gets back , we can do it them(he's usually the holder)